These little Bird’s Nest Treats are so quick and easy to make in just a few short minutes. And best of all, it’s an easy recipe that the kids can help make. It’s as easy as melting some butterscotch chips and adding in your mix-ins.
Next time I may add in mini marshmallows to make them look more “nest like”. How cute would that be? Other great mix-in ideas would be peanuts or chocolate chips! They are so easy to modify. Add Mini Cadbury Eggs or mini jelly beans on top to finish the nest. Enjoy!
- 2 cups chow mein noodles
- 1 (11-ounce) package butterscotch chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Mini Cadbury eggs (or mini Jelly Beans)
- Mix together the butterscotch chips, vegetable oil and salt in a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat in microwave for 30 seconds and stir. Heat again in 15-second intervals until smooth.
- Pour over over chow mien noodles and mix well.
- Add in any mix-ins you would like (peanuts, mini marshmallows, etc.)
- Form into nests onto wax paper until completely cool.
- Top with mini eggs or jelly beans.
Easy Bird’s Nest Treats for Easter
Adapted from Pizzazzerie.