I was planning a little Halloween party for my daughter and wanted to come up with a few treats that both kids and adults would like. One of my favorite sweets are Muddy Buddies (aka Puppy Chow… aka Reindeer Food at Christmas time). Because I love Fall so much, I decided I had to make Pumpkin Spice Marshmallow Muddy Buddies for the party. I’m mildly obsessed with All Things Pumpkin, in case ya didn’t know.
There are lots of fall-like muddy buddy recipes floating around, but I found one I liked from Sally’s Baking Addiction and wanted to give it a twist. My friends over at The Marshmallow Studio and Jet-Puffed Marshmallows had just sent me Pumpkin Spice Mallows, so I thought it would be the perfect addition! I also added candy corn… well, because they’re awesome. And what kid doesn’t love candy corn? It was the perfect duo to mix in!
Before I did anything else, I of course had to taste a sample (Or two. But who’s counting?) of the marshmallows. Exactly as I expected, they tasted just like pumpkin pie! They were the perfect fall bite, not too overpowering with spices. Plus, who can resist their cute little pumpkin shape.
This recipe was so easy, it comes together in just about 5 minutes. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! And whatever is leftover, if that’s even possible, your husband will eat it the next day.
And not tell you.
And you will be sad.
So, do yourself a favor and double the batch. This stuff is addicting!
Pumpkin Spice Marshmallow Muddy Buddies
- 13.5 oz box Cinnamon Chex Cereal
- 12 oz bag orange Candy Melts
- 1 1/2 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 cup Confectioners’ Sugar
- Candy Corn
- Pumpkin Spice Mallows (I used 1/2 a bag)
- Pour cereal into a large bowl.
- Pour bag of candy melts into a small, microwave safe bowl. Heat in microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring each time until completely melted. (should take about 1 1/2 minutes) Do not over heat! Once they are completely melted, stir in the pumpkin pie spice. Dump the mixture over the cereal and mix gently to incorporate.
- Add in the candy corn and marshmallows and continue to stir until everything in nicely coated. (*This is where you can add in anything you have on hand! Try: pretzel sticks, M&M’s, etc.)
- Dump the mixture into a gallon ziploc bag and add the confectioner’s sugar. Seal tightly and….shake, shake, shake!
- Add extra candy on top for garnish, if you’d like.
- Store in a tightly sealed container for up to 1 week.
What? You’ve never heard of Muddy Buddies? Well, you’ve been missing out on all kinds of deliciousness! It all started here. Go make some!
Disclaimer: The Marshmallow Studio provided the marshmallows for this post at no cost to me. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.