Mini Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
I came across this yummy looking recipe from Inside BruCrew Life and had to give it a try. I’m a crazy lover of pumpkin… I even dedicated an entire Pinterest Board to All Things Pumpkin. Can you say YUM-O? These little muffins hit the mark – super pumpkiny (is that a word?) and dense, plus a bit sweet with the cinnamon sugar glaze on top. I have about a half can of pumpkin left…. what shall I make next? I can’t wait to do some more baking. Enjoy!
- For the Muffins:
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- For the Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 5 teaspoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a mixing bowl, beat the oil, brown sugar, applesauce, vanilla, and pumpkin until creamy.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Slowly add to the pumpkin mixture alternately with the buttermilk.
- Stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Spray a mini muffin pan with non stick spray. Fill the cavities almost full.
- Bake at 350* for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool 2-3 minutes in the pan. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Stir together the powdered sugar, milk, and cinnamon. Dip the tops of the muffins in the glaze and let set. Makes 24 mini muffins.
Recipe from Inside BruCrew Life.